Quick & Easy Date Night Recipes: Chinese Night to Remember
Quick and Easy Date Night Recipes to Cook at Home:
Chinese Night to Remember
by Katie Wilson from CraftyGirlCreates
Treat your taste buds with this date night menu! Skip the expensive takeout, and recreate a classic dish at home with your partner. If you’d like to add a special romantic element to your date, you can order pre-made romantic fortune cookies online!
Appetizer: Pan-Fried Cream Cheese Wontons
Entrée: Orange Chicken with Asparagus & Almonds, and Steamed Rice
Dessert: Fresh Fruit Trifle
Pan-Fried Cream Cheese Wontons
Creamy on the inside, crisp on the outside... delicious!
8 Wonton Wrappers
½ cup cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon soy sauce
½ teaspoon ground ginger
1 green onion, diced
Oil, for frying
-In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, soy sauce, ginger and green onion.
-Place wonton wrappers on a flat surface. Using a small spoon, carefully spoon cream cheese mixture into the middle of each wrapper.
-Moisten edges of wonton wrappers with water, and fold each wrapper in half diagonally, making a triangle.
-Press around edges to seal.
-Heat oil in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. When oil reaches 350 degrees (or bubbles when a wonton is put it), carefully place four wontons at a time in the skillet, careful not to overcrowd.
-Fry wontons for one to two minutes on each side, or until each side is light brown.
-Carefully remove from oil and let drain on paper towels. Repeat with second batch of wontons.
Orange Chicken with Asparagus & Almonds, and Steamed Rice
This classic stir fry dish is full of flavor and will tease your taste buds.
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon cornstarch
¼ cup onion, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ cup chicken stock
2 tablespoons frozen orange concentrate
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 bunch of asparagus, ends trimmed
Slivered almonds, to garnish
-Cut the chicken into strips, about 2 inches long, and dust with the cornstarch
-Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat, and sauté the onion and garlic for one minute.
-Add the chicken strips, and stir. Season with the ground ginger
-Cut asparagus into ½ inch long pieces.
-Add chicken stock, orange concentrate, soy sauce, and asparagus. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until asparagus is tender. Turn off heat.
-Season to taste, if needed, with salt and pepper.
Basic steamed rice, but with chicken stock for added flavor.
1 cup of long grain white rice
2 cups of chicken stock
1 tablespoon butter
-In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium to medium-high heat
-Add in rice, and toast in butter for 2-3 minutes, being careful not to burn the rice.
-Add in chicken stock & stir.
-Bring to a boil; stir, cover with a lid, and turn heat down to low.
-Cook for 15 minutes, or until rice is tender.
-Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
Fresh Fruit Trifle
Dessert couldn’t be easier! Fresh Fruit Trifle is the perfect light ending to your meal, and hopefully just the beginning to your romantic night in.
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 cup mixed berries
1 tablespoon orange zest
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon candied ginger, chopped
-In a small bowl, mix yogurt with orange zest & vanilla extract.
-Layer yogurt mixture with fresh mixed berries in trifle cups or dessert dishes.
-Sprinkle candied ginger over each trifle, and serve.
- Quick and Easy Date Night Recipes for Two
Quick and Easy Date Night Recipes for Two by Katie Wilson from CraftyGirlCreates Appetizer: Antipasto TrayEntrée: Ch...
- Quick and Easy Date Night Recipes to Cook at Home
Quick and Easy Date Night Recipes to Cook at Home by Katie Wilson from CraftyGirlCreates Enjoy a romantic & deli...
- Quick & Easy Date Night Recipes: Romantic Seafood Evening for Two
Quick and Easy Date Night Recipes to Cook at Home:A Romantic Seafood Evening by Katie Wilson from CraftyGirlCreates ...
- Tags: Cream Cheese Wontons easy cream cheese wontons Easy Date Night Recipes easy fresh fruit trifle recipe easy orange chicken easy orange chicken recipe Fresh Fruit Trifle Fruit Trifle how to make orange chicken Orange Chicken orange chicken recipe from scratch quick and easy orange chicken quick and easy orange chicken recipe simple orange chicken recipe trifle
- Darren Clunie
Why not share with your friends?
- 10 of the Best
- 10 of the Best Quick & Easy Recipes
- 5 ingredient recipes
- 5 ingredients or less healthy recipes
- American pancake
- apple fritters
- Bean Recipes for Dinner
- best boiled egg recipes
- Best Egg Sandwich Recipes
- Best Quick and Easy Curry Recipes
- black bean
- black olives
- blueberry pancake
- boiled egg
- boiled egg ideas
- boiled egg recipes
- bok choy
- Brazilian pancake
- Breton Galettes Pancakes
- brussels spouts
- champ potatoes
- chicken alfredo
- Chinese Omelette
- chocolate fondue
- Coconut Chocolate Truffles
- crab dip
- cream cheese
- Cream Cheese Wontons
- Crock Pot
- Deviled Eggs
- Easy Bean Recipes
- easy broiled pork chop recipes
- easy champ
- easy cream cheese wontons
- Easy Curry Recipes for Dinner
- Easy Date Night Recipes
- Easy Date Night Recipes for Two
- Easy Egg Sandwich Ideas
- Easy Egg Sandwich Recipes
- easy fresh fruit trifle recipe
- easy meatballs recipe
- easy orange chicken
- easy orange chicken recipe
- easy scrambled eggs recipe
- eggs benedict
- Ethiopian Injeras
- fingerling potatoes
- french toast
- Fresh Fruit Trifle
- fried egg
- Fruit Trifle
- goat cheese
- goats cheese
- green beans
- ham and cheese omelette recipe
- healthy omelette recipes
- heirloom tomato
- how to make an antipasto tray
- how to make easy Chicken Marsala
- how to make easy chocolate truffles
- how to make meatballs easy
- how to make meatballs for spaghetti
- how to make orange chicken
- Huevos Rancheros
- ice cream sundaes
- lemon pepper chicken
- mashed potato recipes for dinner
- mashed potato side dishes
- mashed potatoes
- Mexican Omelette
- minced beef
- Mushroom Omelette
- Orange Chicken
- orange chicken recipe from scratch
- panna cotta
- Persian eggs
- pine nuts
- poached egg
- poached eggs
- poppy seed
- potato bites
- potato wedges
- pulled pork
- Quick & Easy Egg Sandwich Recipes
- Quick and Easy Bean Recipes
- Quick and Easy Bean Recipes for Dinner
- quick and easy breakfast ideas
- quick and easy breakfast ideas with eggs
- quick and easy breakfast recipes
- quick and easy breakfast recipes with eggs
- quick and easy crab dip
- Quick and Easy Curry Recipes
- Quick and Easy Curry Recipes for Dinner
- quick and easy mashed potatoes
- Quick and Easy Meatballs Recipes
- quick and easy omelette recipe
- quick and easy orange chicken
- quick and easy orange chicken recipe
- Quick and Easy Stew Recipes
- Quick Egg Sandwich Recipe Ideas
- quick scrambled eggs recipe
- Ranchero Scrambled Eggs
- red rice
- red velvet pancake
- rice crepe
- rice noodles
- rice pancake
- scrambled egg
- Scrambled Eggs for One
- side dish
- side dishes
- simple chocolate fondue recipe
- simple orange chicken recipe
- simple pork chop recipes
- spaghetti marinara
- Spinach & Feta Salad
- stir fry
- sweet potato
- Valentines Day
- What goes with boiled eggs
- white chocolate