Quick & Easy Date Night Recipes - Slow Cooker Simplicity
Quick and Easy Date Night Recipes to Cook at Home:
Slow Cooker Simplicity
One of the best things about using a slow cooker is that you have more time to focus on other things – for instance, setting up a romantic candlelit dinner for you & your honey. A cozy table for two, soft lighting and a bottle of wine will go a long way towards creating the mood for the evening.
Appetizer: Skewered Wedge Salad
Entrée: Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots
Dessert: Whipped Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Berries
Skewered Wedge Salad
Change up how you eat your salad! Skewers are a fun way to present your salad, and make salad into a great appetizer. Allow 2-3 skewers per person.
½ head of iceberg lettuce
1 pint cherry tomatoes
¼ cup real bacon bits
Bleu cheese dressing (recipe below)
-Chop iceberg lettuce into small wedges.
-On wooden or metal skewers, alternate skewering iceberg lettuce wedges with cherry tomatoes. Place on serving tray.
-Drizzle skewers with bleu cheese dressing, and sprinkle with bacon bits.
Homemade Bleu Cheese Dressing
Creamy goodness, without unnecessary additives or preservatives!
1/3 cup mayo
1/3 cup sour cream
1 lemon, juiced
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1 pinch salt
½ cup bleu cheese crumbles
-In a blender or food processor, combine mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, salt, pepper and half of the bleu cheese crumbles.
-Pulse until well combined.
-Remove from blender into serving container, and stir in remaining bleu cheese crumbles.
-Enjoy with your skewered wedge salad!
Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots and optional asparagus
It’ll only taste like you’ve slaved away in the kitchen all day – using a slow cooker gives you perfect, tender pot roast with minimal cooking.
1.5 to 2 pound chuck roast
2 TBSP all-purpose flour
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
2 TBSP vegetable oil
1 cup beef stock
3 red potatoes, washed and halved
3 carrots, peeled and cut into 2 inch chunks
1 medium onion, peeled and sliced into rings
1 tsp dried thyme
½ tsp garlic powdery
-Heat 2 TBSP vegetable oil in a large skillet or pot over medium to medium high heat.
-Mix together flour, salt and pepper; lightly coat pot roast in flour mixture and shake off excess.
-Sear pot roast in hot pan on each side until light to medium brown; remove from pan and shut stove off.
-Place pot roast in the slow cooker, and add potatoes, onions and carrots on top.
-Mix together beef broth, thyme and garlic powder. Pour beef broth mixture over pot roast and vegetables, and place the lid on the slow cooker.
-Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or until pot roast is tender & falls apart.
A simple and delicious way to eat asparagus!
½ pound asparagus, rinsed
2 TBSP vegetable oil
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
-Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
-Line a cookie sheet or sheet tray with aluminum foil for easy clean-up.
-Cut the bottom ½ inch to 1 inch of the asparagus stalks off, and discard.
-Toss asparagus stalks with oil, salt and pepper until evenly coated.
-Place on sheet tray, in a single layer.
-Roast in oven for 15-18 minutes or until tender.
Whipped Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Berries!
A decadent favorite, this dessert is the perfect ending to your romantic dinner. With just a few ingredients, you can make dessert magic!
1 pint heavy cream, chilled
12 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, chopped
Fresh berries (your choice) for garnish
A sprig of fresh mint (optional)
-In a large bowl, whip cream at medium speed until stiff peaks form. (Be careful not to over whip)
-In a double boiler (or a bowl set over a pan of simmering water), melt chocolate, stirring frequently. Remove from heat when fully melted, and set aside to cool for two minutes.
-Gently fold melted chocolate into whipped cream, and spoon into dessert dishes or glasses.
-Refrigerate for 1 hour.
-When ready to serve, remove chocolate mousse from fridge and garnish with fresh berries and maybe a sprig of mint. Enjoy!
- Quick & Easy Date Night Recipes - Keeping it Simple but Delicious
Quick and Easy Date Night Recipes to Cook at Home:Keeping it Simple but Delicious by Katie Wilson from CraftyGirlCre...
- Quick & Easy Date Night Recipes - Diner Classics Menu
Quick and Easy Date Night Recipes to Cook at Home:Diner Classics Menu by Katie Wilson from CraftyGirlCreates Date ni...
- Quick & Easy Date Night Recipes - Mediterranean Meal for Two
Quick and Easy Date Night Recipes to Cook at Home:A Romantic Mediterranean Date by Katie Wilson from CraftyGirlCreate...
- Tags: Easy Date Night Recipes
- Darren Clunie
Why not share with your friends?
- 10 of the Best
- 10 of the Best Quick & Easy Recipes
- 5 ingredient recipes
- 5 ingredients or less healthy recipes
- American pancake
- apple fritters
- Bean Recipes for Dinner
- best boiled egg recipes
- Best Egg Sandwich Recipes
- Best Quick and Easy Curry Recipes
- black bean
- black olives
- blueberry pancake
- boiled egg
- boiled egg ideas
- boiled egg recipes
- bok choy
- Brazilian pancake
- Breton Galettes Pancakes
- brussels spouts
- champ potatoes
- chicken alfredo
- Chinese Omelette
- chocolate fondue
- Coconut Chocolate Truffles
- crab dip
- cream cheese
- Cream Cheese Wontons
- Crock Pot
- Deviled Eggs
- Easy Bean Recipes
- easy broiled pork chop recipes
- easy champ
- easy cream cheese wontons
- Easy Curry Recipes for Dinner
- Easy Date Night Recipes
- Easy Date Night Recipes for Two
- Easy Egg Sandwich Ideas
- Easy Egg Sandwich Recipes
- easy fresh fruit trifle recipe
- easy meatballs recipe
- easy orange chicken
- easy orange chicken recipe
- easy scrambled eggs recipe
- eggs benedict
- Ethiopian Injeras
- fingerling potatoes
- french toast
- Fresh Fruit Trifle
- fried egg
- Fruit Trifle
- goat cheese
- goats cheese
- green beans
- ham and cheese omelette recipe
- healthy omelette recipes
- heirloom tomato
- how to make an antipasto tray
- how to make easy Chicken Marsala
- how to make easy chocolate truffles
- how to make meatballs easy
- how to make meatballs for spaghetti
- how to make orange chicken
- Huevos Rancheros
- ice cream sundaes
- lemon pepper chicken
- mashed potato recipes for dinner
- mashed potato side dishes
- mashed potatoes
- Mexican Omelette
- minced beef
- Mushroom Omelette
- Orange Chicken
- orange chicken recipe from scratch
- panna cotta
- Persian eggs
- pine nuts
- poached egg
- poached eggs
- poppy seed
- potato bites
- potato wedges
- pulled pork
- Quick & Easy Egg Sandwich Recipes
- Quick and Easy Bean Recipes
- Quick and Easy Bean Recipes for Dinner
- quick and easy breakfast ideas
- quick and easy breakfast ideas with eggs
- quick and easy breakfast recipes
- quick and easy breakfast recipes with eggs
- quick and easy crab dip
- Quick and Easy Curry Recipes
- Quick and Easy Curry Recipes for Dinner
- quick and easy mashed potatoes
- Quick and Easy Meatballs Recipes
- quick and easy omelette recipe
- quick and easy orange chicken
- quick and easy orange chicken recipe
- Quick and Easy Stew Recipes
- Quick Egg Sandwich Recipe Ideas
- quick scrambled eggs recipe
- Ranchero Scrambled Eggs
- red rice
- red velvet pancake
- rice crepe
- rice noodles
- rice pancake
- scrambled egg
- Scrambled Eggs for One
- side dish
- side dishes
- simple chocolate fondue recipe
- simple orange chicken recipe
- simple pork chop recipes
- spaghetti marinara
- Spinach & Feta Salad
- stir fry
- sweet potato
- Valentines Day
- What goes with boiled eggs
- white chocolate