Quick & Easy Date Night Recipes - BBQ Pulled Pork
Relaxed Date Night Recipe to Cook at Home:
BBQ Pulled Pork
It may be fall, but that doesn’t mean you can’t recapture the flavors of summer. Tangy, sweet BBQ Pulled Pork pairs well with the creamy, crunchy Broccoli Slaw, and the Kahlua-spiked milkshake for dessert is a sweet ending to your romantic meal in. Since the BBQ Pulled Pork is cooked in a slow cooker, you have plenty of time for setting the mood.
Appetizer: Loaded Potato Bites with Homemade Ranch Dipping Sauce
Entrée: BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Broccoli Slaw
Dessert: Creamy Kahlua Milkshake
Loaded Potato Bites
Full of flavor, these little bites are great with ranch dipping sauce.
Ingredients for the potato bites
3 large potatoes, shredded (about 10 ounces)
1 large egg
3 slices of bacon, cooked
¼ cup sour cream
½ cup sharp cheddar cheese
1 TB fresh chives, chopped
Ingredients for the ranch dipping sauce
½ cup sour cream
¼ cup buttermilk
2 TB fresh parsley, chopped
2 tsp fresh chives, chopped
1 TB fresh dill, chopped
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp white vinegar
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
-Earlier in the day, combine all of the ranch dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Stir thoroughly, and then refrigerate until serving time.
-Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
-Chop cooked bacon into small pieces; set aside.
-In a large bowl, combine shredded potatoes, egg, and sour cream. Stir to combine.
-Gently fold in chopped cooked bacon, cheddar cheese and chives.
-Using a small scoop, scoop about 2 TB of potato mixture onto a foil or parchment lined baking tray. Repeat, using all of the potato mixture.
-Bake at 425 degrees for about 20-25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, but crispy on the outside.
-Serve with ranch dipping sauce.
BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
It’ll taste like you’ve spent hours standing over a stove, but it’s really as simple as could be.
1 pound pork tenderloin, excess fat trimmed
1 cup ketchup
½ cup water
¼ cup plus 2 TB brown sugar, packed
¼ cup white vinegar
1 tsp celery seed
½ tsp liquid smoke
1 tsp onion powder
Hamburger buns, split & toasted
-In a bowl, combine ketchup, water, brown sugar, vinegar, celery seed, onion powder and liquid smoke. Mix thoroughly
-Reserve ½ cup BBQ sauce on the side, for saucing pulled pork after cooked.
-Place pork tenderloin in the slow cooker, and cover with remaining BBQ sauce.
-Cook on high for 4 hours, or until pork reaches 160 degrees F.
-Shut off slow cooker, and let pork rest for 10-15 minutes.
-Remove pork tenderloin from slow cooker, and, with two forks, shred the pork.
-Mix with ½ cup reserved BBQ sauce.
-Serve on toasted hamburger buns.
Broccoli Slaw is a great alternative to Cole Slaw – and it’s easy, too!
1 package broccoli slaw mix (about 12 ounces)
or 1 large broccoli crown, shredded
½ cup mayo
2 TB vinegar
2 TB white sugar
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp cracked black pepper
-In a small bowl, combine mayo, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
-Pour dressing mixture over broccoli slaw mix, and stir to combine.
-Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Creamy Kahlua Milkshake
A combination of a nightcap and a dessert – perfectly sweet, and a fun dessert to share with your sweetheart.
6 scoops of vanilla ice cream
¾ cup heavy cream
4 ounces of Kahlua liqueur
Whipped cream, for garnish
Mini chocolate chips, for garnish
-In a blender, combine ice cream, heavy cream and Kahlua liqueur.
-Divide evenly between two glasses, and garnish with whipped cream and mini chocolate chips.
- Quick & Easy Date Night Recipes - Romantic Steakhouse-Inspired Dinner for Two
Quick and Easy Date Night Recipes to Cook at Home:Romantic Steakhouse-Inspired Dinner for Two by Katie Wilson from C...
- Quick & Easy Date Night Recipes - Slow Cooker Simplicity
Quick and Easy Date Night Recipes to Cook at Home:Slow Cooker Simplicity by Katie Wilson from CraftyGirlCreates One...
- Quick & Easy Date Night Recipes - Keeping it Simple but Delicious
Quick and Easy Date Night Recipes to Cook at Home:Keeping it Simple but Delicious by Katie Wilson from CraftyGirlCre...
- Darren Clunie
Why not share with your friends?
- 10 of the Best
- 10 of the Best Quick & Easy Recipes
- 5 ingredient recipes
- 5 ingredients or less healthy recipes
- American pancake
- apple fritters
- Bean Recipes for Dinner
- best boiled egg recipes
- Best Egg Sandwich Recipes
- Best Quick and Easy Curry Recipes
- black bean
- black olives
- blueberry pancake
- boiled egg
- boiled egg ideas
- boiled egg recipes
- bok choy
- Brazilian pancake
- Breton Galettes Pancakes
- brussels spouts
- champ potatoes
- chicken alfredo
- Chinese Omelette
- chocolate fondue
- Coconut Chocolate Truffles
- crab dip
- cream cheese
- Cream Cheese Wontons
- Crock Pot
- Deviled Eggs
- Easy Bean Recipes
- easy broiled pork chop recipes
- easy champ
- easy cream cheese wontons
- Easy Curry Recipes for Dinner
- Easy Date Night Recipes
- Easy Date Night Recipes for Two
- Easy Egg Sandwich Ideas
- Easy Egg Sandwich Recipes
- easy fresh fruit trifle recipe
- easy meatballs recipe
- easy orange chicken
- easy orange chicken recipe
- easy scrambled eggs recipe
- eggs benedict
- Ethiopian Injeras
- fingerling potatoes
- french toast
- Fresh Fruit Trifle
- fried egg
- Fruit Trifle
- goat cheese
- goats cheese
- green beans
- ham and cheese omelette recipe
- healthy omelette recipes
- heirloom tomato
- how to make an antipasto tray
- how to make easy Chicken Marsala
- how to make easy chocolate truffles
- how to make meatballs easy
- how to make meatballs for spaghetti
- how to make orange chicken
- Huevos Rancheros
- ice cream sundaes
- lemon pepper chicken
- mashed potato recipes for dinner
- mashed potato side dishes
- mashed potatoes
- Mexican Omelette
- minced beef
- Mushroom Omelette
- Orange Chicken
- orange chicken recipe from scratch
- panna cotta
- Persian eggs
- pine nuts
- poached egg
- poached eggs
- poppy seed
- potato bites
- potato wedges
- pulled pork
- Quick & Easy Egg Sandwich Recipes
- Quick and Easy Bean Recipes
- Quick and Easy Bean Recipes for Dinner
- quick and easy breakfast ideas
- quick and easy breakfast ideas with eggs
- quick and easy breakfast recipes
- quick and easy breakfast recipes with eggs
- quick and easy crab dip
- Quick and Easy Curry Recipes
- Quick and Easy Curry Recipes for Dinner
- quick and easy mashed potatoes
- Quick and Easy Meatballs Recipes
- quick and easy omelette recipe
- quick and easy orange chicken
- quick and easy orange chicken recipe
- Quick and Easy Stew Recipes
- Quick Egg Sandwich Recipe Ideas
- quick scrambled eggs recipe
- Ranchero Scrambled Eggs
- red rice
- red velvet pancake
- rice crepe
- rice noodles
- rice pancake
- scrambled egg
- Scrambled Eggs for One
- side dish
- side dishes
- simple chocolate fondue recipe
- simple orange chicken recipe
- simple pork chop recipes
- spaghetti marinara
- Spinach & Feta Salad
- stir fry
- sweet potato
- Valentines Day
- What goes with boiled eggs
- white chocolate